Thursday, August 20, 2009

Peace Poem.. and codependancy

When you are living in codependancy... It is really hard to find peace. It becomes this game of trying to save someone else while tring to keep your head above water at the same time, and sometimes it all gets blurry and we forget to heal our own hearts... here is a poem from my heart to yours....

Peaks

If peace were a mountain, I would climb to the top and hurl my body from its peak just so that I could feel the wind brushing itself against my wings as I learn to fly for the first time.
I’ve learned the hard way that the poems of life don’t always rhyme,
sometimes they are broken
like memories lost in empty pill bottles..
I still remember kissing God’s breath into your lungs, crying a river of broken glass, and walking across it to find your lifeless body waiting for me when I came home from work…
you look for peace in the shadow of little white Gods..
a prescription for a life worth living never filled, still tucked away in your pocket.
I look for peace in mountain peaks…
If I could just remember how to fly…

No comments:

Post a Comment